Last weekend my friend went for haircut and returned with a bizarre :O Do you go through same feeling while getting your locks chopped 🙁 I will tell you how to choose a haircut before surrendering your locks to the hairstylist with a picture of your favourite celebrity.
Know your face shape
You should always know about your face shape before choosing a haircut because it may look amazing on your friend but may be a disaster for you. So lets determine your face shape.
- Stand in front of mirror, with you back straight and shoulders back. Clip away your bangs.
- Trace the outline of your face on mirror Using lipstick, a bar of soap etc. Carefully trace the outline of your face in the mirror.Try to stay as still as possible while you do this.Don’t include your ears – just the edges of your face.
- Compare the outline to this image to find your face shape.
Now choose the hairstyle
Oval Face Shape
Hairstyles to Avoid
- Dont choose hairstyles that hang in your face or eyes.
- Or hairstyles that just cover your face shape.
Best celebrity example is Jennifer Aniston, Megan fox. You can follow their hairstyles.
Round Face Shape
Hairstyles to Try
- Fullness at the crown will give the illusion of a narrower face shape, particularly those short in length.
- Longer hairstyles that are kept close to the cheeks with no width.
- Middle parts for creating the illusion of narrow length.
- No bangs.
- Short hairstyles are great and do not suffocate small round faces.
- Styles that add volume through the sides such as chin length.
- Side parts and heavy straight across bangs.
Perfect celebrity example Cameron and Mila kunis.
- Any textured chin-length hairstyles.
- Make sure bangs are side-swept bangs not straight
- Shoulder length cuts with layers that kick out.
- Height on top will work but only if they belong to shoulder length or longer hairstyles.
- Short, full hairstyles.
– perfect hairstyles are: everything curly…
Square Face Shape
Hairstyles to Avoid
- Avoid blunt bobs.
- Middle parts with solid bangs.
Best celebrity example Penelope Cruz.
- Hairstyles that add height at the crown.
- The absence of bangs.
- Chin length styles that have no body.
These were some tips..Hope you like it 😉 :* :*